Thursday, October 29, 2009

I know I said that I wanted to write this blog chronologically, but I can't help interrupting myself here. We are six weeks into the semester (Fall 09) and many of the teachers are now telling stories about their students. Here are a few of the English names that the students have chosen.

First, we have a student who has insisted on taking the name Caesar Salad, that's right, as in the Au Bon Pain $6.95 lunch. When the teacher pushed him to change his name, he remained firm stating that he liked the name, it had poetry to it, and he was completely satisfied being called Caesar Salad for the next four years.....pass the croutons!

Next, we have a student whose name is Cheese Wang. (No, that's not a typo). When pressed to change his name, he simply stated, I like cheese and I want to be called cheese. My advice to this young man is to stay away from heat lamps and watch out for giant bowls of salsa, someone might get the wrong idea!

Now back to our regularly scheduled semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment